Whether local to the area, near enough for a quick getaway, or traveling from afar to Galveston Island, there is so much to do for all budgets and adventure levels. For families, couples, or the lone individual, Galveston has something for everyone.Of course, there are the obvious spots like Schlitterbahn, Moody Gardens, Pleasure Pier, San Luis, and the beach itself. Also, well known spots such as fishing, kayaking, parasailing, the Seawall, historical monuments, and Hotel Galvez.
Beyond the basics, which are always great options if you are new to the Island or a seasoned visitor, but there are many 'hidden' gems that your online travel guides might skip over because they aren't popular tourist locations, but for a true Island experience, be sure to check out these places
Get the locally grown, locally owned fresh fruits and vegetables of your liking with choices all over the island
- Sunday 9A-Noon – 2508 Post Office St
- Thursday, 3P-7P – Menard Park, 28th & Seawall Blvd
- Seeding Galveston - Ttwo locations at Neighborhood Farm and at Avenue N
Take to the Island for some authentic brewery joys at the Galveston Island Brewing Company
Check out these local restaurants, eateries, and cafés for a delight
- Old Quarter Acoustic Café
- Los Molcas- combining seafood and great Tex-Mex in true Island favorites
- Maceo Spice & Import Co. – Known for their Po-boys, muffallats, and more
- Apache Mexican Restaurant – Must try the breakfast burritos, salsa, and cheese enchiladas
- Eatcetera – coffee, great soups and salads with a Jazz vibe
- Oasis Juice Bar & Market – great find for those wanting healthier food options
- Jack's Pub – No frills but a great drink with delicious bar food to try especially the pizza
No matter what you do or where you eat, Galveston Island will bring joy to your fingertips. Stay at Galveston Beach Condos to have easy access to everything with a lavish stay at affordable pricing.